(To those that celebrate)…a special gift for you!!
And if you don’t celebrate…A special treat for you too!!
Many of the things discussed can work on non-holiday occasions too!
The Moms discuss how they like to de-stress during the holiday season, and share some of their family’s holiday traditions.
Watch a favorite Christmas movie: (as needed, or 1 or 2 nightly!)
- Charlie Brown Christmas
- Year Without a Santa Claus
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Miracle on 34th St (original black/white)
- A Christmas Story (Peter
- Scrooge (the musical with Albert Finney)
- Frosty the Snowman
- The Santa Clause (all 3)
- Christmas Chronicles (new favorite)
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Polar Express
- White Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original)
- One Magic Christmas
Listen to favorite Christmas music:
- John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
- The Kingston Trio: The Last Month of the Year
- A Very Special Christmas 1 & 2
- Glee Christmas albums
- Manheim Steamroller Christmas albums
- Christmas with the Rat Pack
- Putumayo’s Christmas Around the World
- Celtic Christmas
- The Stars Come Out for Christmas
- Amy Grant: Home for Christmas
- Elmo & Patsy: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (the whole album!)
Other ideas this episode:
- Eat comfort foods (Tina likes a piece of fudge at the bottom of her bowl of popcorn, a family tradition, Beckie likes hot cocoa.)
- Go see Christmas lights.
- Go for a drive in the country/visit nature.
What’s your favorite way of de-stressing? Let us know in the comments below!
And from our families to yours, we wish you all
a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!
This episode is sponsored by:
Moving Beyond the Page – homeschool curriculum for hands-on, creative, and gifted learners. Learn more at www.movingbeyondthepage.com.
Math Mammoth – Publisher of student directed math worktexts that all the Savvy Homeschool Kids use. Learn more at www.mathmammoth.com.
Pandia Press – Publisher of REAL Science Odyssey and History Odyssey. Check out their fantastic Try Before you Buy! Learn more at www.pandiapress.com.